Competent Legal Expert Services
Due to the world globalization cross jurisdictional litigation with the involvement of Ukrainian businesses is not a surprise now. Though mainly foreign law is agreed as applicable, sometimes it happens that parties failed to consent on applicable law or arisen dispute requires clarification of some issues regulated by the Ukrainian law. Thus, sooner or later many international companies run into legal issues demanding the presence of a qualified legal expert (expert witness on the law). If one day your company needs such assistance with settling a lawsuit concerning the Ukrainian law, Jurvneshservice is always ready to give you a helping hand. If settlement is made in a foreign court or at arbitration where neither of arbitrators has knowledge of the Ukrainian law, a necessity to receive expert legal witness testimony in the Ukrainian law has arisen to ascertain the rights and duties of the parties under a contract, to apply the canons of construction which would be applied in a Ukrainian court and to admit and consider such evidence as Ukrainian court would admit and consider, in order to arrive at the intentions of the parties.
Jurvneshservice attorneys serve as experts in law of Ukraine worldwide. With years of experience and profound understanding of the law, we are the reliable service providers for many international companies. The best thing is that we offer expertise across a diverse range of industries. Due to their education and scientific degrees Jurvneshservice legal experts issued legal opinions to the Ukrainian courts on the issues of foreign law to be applied.
Deadline compliance is one of the distinctive features of our legal expert services. Our specialists present legal opinions clearly and concisely. In a word, we do our best to provide the top quality execution of the duties entrusted to us.
Every international lawyer at Jurvneshservice acting as a legal expert in the Ukrainian law is guided by the following specific responsibilities:
- A legal expert is impartial and unbiased and is carried out with ethical and legal duties to the parties and to the court;
- Legal expert evidence is an independent product of the expert uninfluenced as to form or content by the exigencies of litigation;
- Independent assistance provided to the court includes objective unbiased legal opinions regarding matters within the expertise of the expert witness;
- Facts or assumptions upon which the legal opinions are based are stated together with material facts that are detracted from the concluded opinion;
- A legal expert makes it clear when a question or issue is outside of his or her expertise;
- Legal expert duty to the court overrides his or her obligation to the person who is instructing them as the role of the legal expert is to assist the court in coming to a conclusion on the probative value of the evidence;
- A legal expert submits evidence in the form of a written affidavit, statement or report depending on the requirement of a jurisdiction where he/she is acting as an expert.
Gennadii Tsirat – a doctor of law, recognized leader in the international private law, international commercial arbitration. international civil process, including issues of recognition and enforcement of foreign judgements and awards in Ukraine
Ganna Tsirat – a doctor of law, recognized expert in the international private law, international private air law, aircraft and airports financing, franchising and protection of IT. Due to Ganna’s achievements she was appointed as a legal expert in Ukrainian law in a range of litigation cases considered by American courts. Issued legal opinions concerned to contract law issues.
Dr. Ganna Tsirat was invited as a legal expert in a range of cases against the Russian Federation that are pending by Permanent Court of Arbitration, the Hague. Rendered legal opinions contained treatment of the norms to protect foreign investments under the bilateral treaty between Ukraine and Russia.
Dr. Ganna Tsirat was appointed as a legal expert in investment arbitration against Ukraine by Limited Liability Company AMTO (Claimant) in case № 080/2005 hold by Arbitration Institute of the Stockholm Chamber of Commerce Arbitration in the Matter of An Arbitration Pursuant to the Energy Charter Treaty and the Rules of the Arbitration Institute of the Stockholm Chamber of Commerce. The legal opinion related to the protection of foreign investment within the framework of Ukrainian legislation, including existing international treaties and the Energy Charter.